MN Chiropractic Care Champlin Minnesota
It is well documented in the scientific community and through medical research that the brain controls all functions and regulation of the entire body. The brain communicates to all organs, tissues, muscles and glands through the spinal cord and nerve system.
Dr. Henry Windsor, who was a Medical Doctor from the University of Pennsylvania, has performed a medical experiment in 1921. In his clinical research he wanted to prove the existence of diseased organs and its interconnection to the curvature of the spine (improper posture and misaligned vertebrae. In this study he made 50 experiments on cadavers from the [pathology department. Dr Windsor dissected the bodies and looked at the diseased organs. Out of 50 bodies he found 139 organs that were in a different degree of disease.
The finding of this study showed 49 of the 50 cadavers showed curvatures, all were rigid and of long duration, similar to chiropractic subluxation and fixation patterns. All areas of the spinal deformity showed pathological tissue changes or outright disease. The disease found were cancers of involved organs, or disease of heart, gall bladder, kidney, stomach, large and small intestine. The positive correlation for organ malfunction or disease was nearly 99% in all cadavers in this study.
The Winsor Autopsies
The following are Dr. Winsor’s results:
“Two hundred twenty-one structures other than the spine were found diseased. Of these, 212 were observed to belong to the same sympathetic (nerve) segments as the vertebrae in curvature. Nine diseased organs belonged to different sympathetic segments from the vertebrae out of line.
These figures cannot be expected to exactly coincide … for an organ may receive sympathetic filaments from several spinal segments and several organs may be supplied with sympathetic (nerve) filaments from the same spinal segments. In other words, there was nearly a 100 percent correlation between minor curvatures of the spine and diseases of the internal organs.”
- Stomach Diseases – All nine cases of spinal misalignment in the mid-thoracic area (T5-T9) had stomach disease.
- Lung Disease – All 26 cases of lung disease had spinal misalignments in the upper thoracic spine.
- Liver Disease – All 13 cases of liver disease had misalignments in the mid thoracic (T5-T9)
- Gallstones – All five cases with gallstone disease had spinal misalignments in the mid thoracic.
- Pancreas – All three cases with pancreas disease had spinal misalignments in the mid thoracics.
- Spleen – All 11 cases with spleen diseases had spinal misalignments in the mid thoracics.
- Kidney – All 17 cases with kidney disease were out of alignment in the lower thoracics.
- Prostate and Bladder Disease – All eight cases with kidney, prostate and bladder disease had the lumbar (L2-L3) vertebrae misaligned
- Uterus – The two cases with the uterine conditions had the second lumbar misaligned.
- Heart Disease – All 20 cases with heart and pericardium conditions had the upper five thoracic vertebrae (T1-T5) misaligned.
Dr. Winsor’s results are published in The Medical Times, November 1921, and are found in any medical library.
This is mind boggling, and correlates exactly with the chiropractic philosophy and principles, that chiropractic adjustment of the spine can help organ malfunction and can prevent or disrupt the disease process.
Current knowledge would also play a major role in sickness or disease such as genetic factors and family histories. Nevertheless the subluxation, fixation, and spinal distortions can play a major role in the development of sickness and disease and chiropractic intervention with spinal adjustment can interrupt this cycle.
What is incredible is that there is much more research, a majority of it done in recent years that shows the benefit of chiropractic care in many aspects of health such as the immune system. Wouldn’t you want to know that chiropractic care could allow your family’s immune systems to be as healthy as they are meant to be?
The latest research shows people without any symptoms at all who receive chiropractic care IMPROVE their health.
That means there is valid scientific documentation that as you incorporate chiropractic care into your lifestyle you continue to get healthier even if you don’t have any current symptoms!
Though this study was done in 1921, ninety years ago, at the University of Pennsylvania Medical School, by Henry Winsor, M.D., its finding an information are revolutionary for it time, but also hold true today.
That was 1921 folks!
Dr. Winsor’s results are published in The Medical Times and are found in any medical library. Winsor was not alone in his findings. Similar studies by other researchers have confirmed Dr. Winsor’s conclusion that degenerated and misaligned spines have a high correlation with disease processes.
All quotes from: Winsor, H. Sympathetic segmental disturbances – II. The evidences of the association, in dissected cadavers, of visceral disease with vertebral deformities of the same sympathetic segments, The Medical Times , November 1921, pp./ 267-271.